Friday, September 17, 2010

Drama



That morning sickness thing is for real. Any time I get hungry, I get super nauseous. Not the most fun I've ever had.

These last few weeks have been a little dramatic. On Wednesday right after we found out I was pregnant, I started spotting. There was a little red blood and then brown. The doctor's office wasn't too concerned but made an appointment for me to come in early - the following Thursday - for an appointment.

While I was waiting for that, I went to visit Liz in Clovis for her Birthday. Her mother in law was there, so I decided not to share the news yet. It was a little tough to keep the secret, but I concocted an elaborate story about being on a killer antibiotic for a bladder infection that made me unable to drink anything but water and made me nauseous and tired. She bought it, and the weekend was fun!

As the appointment rolled around last week, I was
getting nervous and bracing myself for the worst. Basically, the best case scenario would have been to see a heartbeat on an ultrasound. However, I'd only be 6 weeks, and 6 weeks is still a little early for that. Basically, even not seeing anything wouldn't have necessarily meant anything. But, lucky for us, there was a little heartbeat there flickering away! It was SUCH a relief. Amazing. He also looked at my ovaries and stuff to try and locate the bleeding (the egg came from the left ovary - good to know!), but in the end said he was pretty sure it was just my cervix adjusting to the new hormones. He said the bleeding should stop soon.
And the bleeding did stop this week, about 2 weeks after it began. HUGE sigh of relief. Hoping it stays away because I don't want to live with stress like that all along!!

We've managed not to tell anyone else, and after getting through those first few days, it got a lot easier. I did have a weird need to eat bagels which Julie helped me with by bringing several bagels over to the house for me, but that too has passed. Let's see what else this time has in store for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment