Monday, September 27, 2010

The nausea thing has kicked into full gear over the past few weeks, and has resulted in a very unhappy me, and probably a relatively unhappy husband. It's the worst first thing in the morning. I can get breakfast down if I do it without really thinking about it, but packing a lunch has been an exercise in gag control. I've bailed on lunch a few times and gone out to grab something instead.

The evening is the second worst time, so there have been many occasions where I've had to bail on cooking dinner and eat plain pasta while Matt fends for himself. This makes me feel terrible, but I guess that's the way of things.

Then there's been the snacking issue. Certain snacks are awesome...for about 2 days, and then they're not anymore. I'm going through healthy snacks faster than I can come up with new ones. And the idea of fruit or veggies is not acceptable right now. The worst of it was when I was headed home and starving, and the ONLY thing that didn't make me gag was Taco Bell. I don't even LIKE Taco Bell. And yet, when I drove by, the stomach lurched a little and I gave in. I had a bean burrito and it definitely calmed the ickies. I'm saddened to admit that the next week the same thing happened, but this time a bean burrito wouldn't do - it HAD to be a burrito supreme. I snarfed it in the car and did the walk of shame into the house with my empty taco bell bag.

There have been a few days at work where I've been so hungry that I've eaten my entire lunch before 11 and had to go through the school lunch line because I didn't have any other options. Pathetic.

I've been drinking more than my fair share of ginger ale (at 180 calories a can...) and have learned that the smell of lemon and Spearmint Eucalyptus body lotion from bath and body works will calm the stomach. That was a glorious revelation.

The greatest blessing is that 1) I haven't actually puked, and 2) strong symptoms assure me that everything is still ok with the wee one. But I'm praying that my body knocks it off when the second trimester comes around.

No comments:

Post a Comment